FUNDA award winning and OFSTED registered – inspiring the next generation of children and teachers getting the most inactive children ACTIVE whilst developing your pupils mind to learn.
A collaboration aimed at bringing the best teachers and physical activity coaches together to find new ways to encourage children across the North West, UK to become more active, whilst up-skilling and supporting teachers in PE and Physical Activity.
Since then FUNDA and our team have been successfully working in schools to create inclusive opportunities that aims to get the most inactive children active, the result of which has already generated considerable improvements in their levels of activity and body confidence.
FUNDA soon realised that in order to make the biggest possible difference – meaningful, long-lasting change – we would need to reset our focus on Educating & Supporting Primary School Teachers.
FUNDA believe that primary school teachers are the gatekeepers to this life-changing mind-set, and we believe that education and physical activity is the vehicle and future through which we create it. FUNDA resources and our approach focuses around developing children’s physical literacy and movement skills not just old school sport. FUNDA support the up-skilling of your teachers boosting their confidence when delivering quality physical education (P.E)
What creativity & difference services FUNDA has to offer:
- Physical Education (P.E) & Teacher CPD
- Primary PPA Time & Teaching Assistant CPD
- Dance Teacher CPD Support
- Teacher CPD Workshops/ INSET Training
- Primary P.E Teaching Resources
When we launched FUNDA and all our P.E, physical activity and teacher CPD programmes we started a movement. We invited organisations, teachers and individuals from all three sectors to get involved because we know that inactivity is a compound issue found in all walks of life. Underpinning it all is a shared commitment to changing the very nature of physical education so that it is inclusive, aspirational, relevant and progressive.
Together we launched a year-long programme, which was followed by the biggest ever Summer Camps getting the most inactive children active reaching a record capacity of 120 children per day. We are working with 50 primary schools, 300 teachers and 9,000 children here in the North West, UK.
Our FUNDA coaches are reaching out to some of the most deprived areas. Our FUNDA team challenged teachers to rethink the way they teach PE, bringing together FUNDA expertise driving physical literacy outcomes.
Why choose FUNDA as your primary school activity provider ?
- Delivers Physical Literacy NOT just Sport – supporting your teachers and children.
- OFSTED Registered & Award Winning
- FUNDA coaches are all working towards afPE Level 2 and 3 in PE. Coaches also obtain Level 2 NGB Qualifications and most have a degree in PE or equivalent.
- PE – Physical Activity Coaches rained to up-skill your teachers in a fun light hearted way.
- Partnership with local authorities who trust in our delivery approach and quality assurance such as Bolton Council.
- Implementation and delivery that compliments your local authority scheme of work and primary national curriculum.
- Provide extra FUNDA resources at no extra cost such as our iPhone & Android App.
- Meets your schools Sports & Pupil Premium OFSTED Accountability Measures.
- Partner 50+ Primary Schools across the North West.
- Engage 35,000 Children who are ACTIVE every week.
The school is using the additional primary school sport funding succesfully. FUNDA Specialist coaches run activities, take lessons and train staff. As a result, the range of sporting activities has broadand and pupil participation in sporting activities has increased.
Longshaw Infant Community Primary School